Tuesday, August 03, 2010

SELECTIVE ENFORCEMENT OF IMMIGRATION LAW? A PROPOSAL TO THE FEDS

In one of your Ostrich Killer's better moments, an idea flashed through his barnacle-encrusted brain cells: if the Feds can choose not to enforce certain laws (such as immigration law), then why can't I choose not to obey certain laws?

Here's the deal: In exchange for the citizenship not requiring the Feds to enforce, say, the general class of immigration laws, we get to not obey one class of laws. My choice: tax law. I don't want to pay taxes. How about you? Let the wetbacks come. As long as that's the policy, I don't want to pay taxes. Quid pro quo, right? Feds don't enforce one, I don't obey one. Seems fair.

A word about wetbacks: I don't use that pejoratively. In my lexicon, a wetback is a mexican who arrives in this country illegally. Legal immigrants are decidedly NOT wetbacks, they are welcome. So don't accuse me of using ethnic slurs. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment